Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!!!!URGENT!!!

3 posters

Go down

!!!!URGENT!!! Empty !!!!URGENT!!!

Post by Gillibran Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 am

Looks like the plug has been pulled on Rubies, I've been on irc since lunch and there have been comments about donations being returned, so looks like this is the end. A sad day indeed. I think some of the players are looking into purchasing the game but until this is resolved well you understand.

I am trying to keep up-to-date on the official story as yet it's all rumour and speculation. When I have concrete facts I will post here again to inform you.

Until then we hope for the best.
Gillibran
Gillibran

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

!!!!URGENT!!! Empty Re: !!!!URGENT!!!

Post by pinja Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 am

Bummer. I hope for best still.

pinja

Number of posts : 13
Interests : reading and movies
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Grackelf Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I was under the impression that the move to uni servers was to relieve somewhat the need for cash coming in. They had talked of returning donations at that time too since the core financial entity changed.

I've been getting warning from my Avast of a html:iframe-inf whenever i get near the eventide or cyberwar urls for a bit now, haven't been able to get to the forums etc for weeks. I assumed the outage today was along the line of fixing something like that.

Hoping for a typical something is broken outage.

Thanks for letting us know, Gil

Grackelf

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillibran Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:52 pm

I can say with certainty that this isn't a "somethings broken" situation. I have been on irc for the majority of the day and it seems that something posted on the Pirates forum got ownership riled and they pulled the plug.

Dunny has been working hard to rectify the situation and has made some promising comments, in the meantime he and the rest of the staff are using this downtime to work on the databases, in the hope that this is just a temporary situation.

The Rubies Forum site has been relocated tio this address:

http://forums.enterprise-borg.us/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=login

At present I am still hoping for the best and am keeping a relatively close eye on irc and the forum site for any official statement.
Gillibran
Gillibran

Back to top Go down

Post by Grackelf Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 am

Yeah . skipped into irc for a while, too.

Seems the website move happened without me knowing.

Just waiting to see what happens. er, nervously waiting.

Grackelf

Back to top Go down

Post by pinja Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 am

Oh boy this sucks. I am now playing(till roe comes back if it does Shayiya from aeria games. My toon is janette2, name is just to get unfair sex advantage. lol. I saw toon called shivana today but i dont know if it was my virtual friend qualthala. Cheers guys!

pinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillibran Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

lol, also playing Shayiya, just downloaded last night, keep an eye open for Jakander and Shanteel Smile
Gillibran
Gillibran

Back to top Go down

Post by Grackelf Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:01 pm

hrm having trouble posting .. i loaded shaiya during the last server move and redowned the client last night .. I typically play on the etain server KaiOdessa -> light, Grackelfish -> dark. I do not much about the game there except I feel it is lacking in all the things i really like about roe.

Grackelf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillibran Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Well I'm only playing this in the hope that Rubies will return (need something to pass the time) I play on Gaia server many of my toons share the names of my Rubies toons, but not created a Gillibran as yet Smile.
If and when Rubies returns I will be straight back to it, just not the same sense of community on these Aeria games I find, and I have tried a couple of them, beta tested a few too.
COME BACK RUBIES *Cries*
Gillibran
Gillibran

Back to top Go down

Post by Grackelf Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:46 pm

I figure we can keep this thread for announcements / discussions about what is going on with ROE . I made a little alternative gaming thread here. Hope you all approve.

https://salvation.canadian-forum.com/guild-chat-f5/temporary-alternatives-during-hiatus-t56.htm

Grackelf

Back to top Go down

Post by Grackelf Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

http://forums.enterprise-borg.us/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=303608#Post303608

doesn't look good

Grackelf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillibran Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 am

Well it's official R.I.P Rubies 3rd August 2009.

Guess we're gonna have to find a new home now, I'll be about in Shaiya for now (Kanet and Bodrogk, both on Gaia server light) until I find something with a similar feel as Rubies (hopefully Dunny's on to something, but no clue as to a timeframe).

Keep in touch guys, contact me through xfire: Gill, or catch me in Shaiya, I'm still hunting for new games, so I'll let you know if I finsd anything decent
Gillibran
Gillibran

Back to top Go down

Post by pinja Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Ive no time to play lately but i post when i have made toons to light side. Also if anyone finds better game it would be neat also- Cheers mates.

pinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum