Salvation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wards

2 posters

Go down

wards Empty wards

Post by wokkie Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:56 am

to my knowledge, there are four possible wards you can have:
(1) summoning/bardic;
(2) shamanic/necromancy;
(3) conjuring; and
(4) sorcery.

most hybrids have one top magic school, some have two. for this build, let's say we have two top magic schools.

now, i assume that different wards work better for different mobs, for example conjuring works better than sorcery for ents. but which two wards would provide the best overall protection? i think it would be bardic and shamanic.

what do you think?

wokkie
Officer

Number of posts : 105
Interests : Food
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

wards Empty Re: wards

Post by Aniriel Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm

I would say shamanic and summoning. I did not do much testing with bardic instead of summoning but from what I've heard summoning is mostly physical, bardic is less physical + some elemental. And it's quite useful to have 45(46 - you can get 130 moded) + norite bracers and 2x norite ring to be able to cast lvl 100 lesser sphere easily. Helps against mobs like gents or elds. But you will prolly get better armor with shamanic + bardic then with shamanic + summoning. But with summoning you get dark acolyte, which helps a lot. Also devourer is great against elds. You will miss the pet against some mobs with bardic.

But when the Nemesis changes come to FO, you'll get guardian spirit in shamanic and bardic gets new all base stats (str, con, int, dex) buff (+45 to all at step 1, +50 at step 2). Bardic will also get self-buff evasion (not sure how much). On the other hand, summoning gets some more teleportation spells, greater imp, dark shaman and some other pets and some useless attacking spells, but not any new stat buffs.

It's never easy decision Smile
Aniriel
Aniriel
Officer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by wokkie Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:56 am

thanks for the information, ani.

you may need to consider as well that summoning and shamanic are slightly opposite schools... which may cost more dp than bardic and shamanic - i haven't played around with the character builders much, i should though.

wokkie
Officer

Number of posts : 105
Interests : Food
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniriel Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Yes, you're right. That's why I mentioned that you will get better armor with shamanic + bardic then with shamanic + summoning. Smile But it depends on which weapon(s) you want to use. You need to play with the character builders and mods to find the best profession/race for your new character.
Aniriel
Aniriel
Officer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum